Alumni Career Services Overview and FAQs
Alumni Career Services provides career decision-making and professional job search assistance to all UH alumni.
All UCS services are free to UH alumni for the semester immediately following graduation, including the summer semester. Following the first semester, you will need to subscribe to one of our service plans to continue use of career services and access our database of jobs and services online. The following plans are available:
- Plan I: Access to the University Career Advisory Network (UCAN) for contacting professionals, workshops, special events, career fairs, handouts, UCS library and UCS computer lab, FREE. All alumni automatically have this plan option.
- Plan II: Access to Plan I and online career services (Campus Recruitment, JOBank, Job Scan and ResumeBank), $35 per year.
- Plan III: Access to Plan I, II and career counseling (i.e., resume critique, job search, career choice/change, mock interviews), $75 per year. This fee covers up to three (one-hour) counseling sessions. Additional career counseling is available for $25 per session. Myers-Briggs and Strong Interest Inventory (vocational assessments) are available for an additional $20 fee.
- Distance Career Services: Receive job search assistance, resume critiques and interview preparation via the phone and/or internet. These new services are extremely convenient and cost-effective for alumni who: a) live/work outside of the Houston area, b) are unavailable to visit UCS during regular business hours and/or c) want to take advantage of a menu of job search services at a reduced cost! For more information, click here.
In-Person Mock Interview: Prepare for an upcoming job interview or graduate/professional school admissions interview by participating in a mock interview ($35 per session). Practice interviewing skills and receive valuable, direct feedback from a career counselor. For more information, click here.
Click here to purchase Alumni Career Services Plans
James Mable, Assistant Director for Alumni Career Services is available to UH alumni for career counseling and professional job search assistance, as well as to conduct career-related presentations and seminars for UH alumni. Please email email@example.com to request an appointment or for addtional information.
Click here to get Career Service Tips from James Mable!
Alumni Career Services FAQs
- How do I sign up for/subscribe to a Plan?
- How can I logon to the website?
- What should I do if I have forgotten my username and/or /password?
- What services does UCS offer UH alumni?
- Can you tell me more about the available services for alumni?
- I am a graduate of a UH System school (Downtown, Clearlake, Victoria). Am I eligible for services?
- I am a graduate of a non-UH System college/university. Am I eligible for services?
- What is career counseling?
- Do you provide job placement? Will you place me in a job?
- What are your hours/location?
We are pleased to offer these career development services to UH alumni. Your questions and comments are welcome at (713) 743-5100. or contact UCS